Sunday, February 15, 2009

From the Psalm today

From Psalms 32:
(7)
You are my shelter; from distress you keep me; with safety you ring me round.

(10-11)
Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but love surrounds those who trust in the LORD.

Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you just; exult, all you upright of heart.

Mother dear, O pray for me,
whilst far from heav'n and thee
I wander in a fragile bark
O'er life's tempestuous sea.

O Virgin Mother, from thy throne,
So bright in bliss above,
Protect thy child, and cheer my path
with thy sweet smile of love.

Mother dear, remember me,
And never cease thy care,
Till in heaven eternally
Thy love and bliss I share.

Mother dear, O pray for me,
Should pleasure's siren lay
E'er tempt thy child to wander far
From virtue's path away;

When thorn s beset life's devious way,
And darlking water flow,
Then Mary, aid thy weeping child,
Thyself a Mother show.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us. O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

Amen

No comments: