Thursday, April 17, 2008

A rock in a raging sea!

Pope Benedict XVI is visiting the U.S. this week. I followed his celebration of Solemn Papal Mass at Noational Park in Washington, D.C. this morning on the internet (EWTN). The Responsorial Psalm at the Mass was "Lord send out Your spirit and renew the face of the earth!".

According to Kathryn Jean Lopez of the National Review:

Last night was a terrific celebration at the White House of the pontiff, religious freedom, and Catholicism. President Bush said two important things:

a) That he "appreciates [Benedict's] rejection of moral relativism and religion as a pretext for violence."

b) The Catholic Church has been a rock in a raging sea and it is my prayer that it will never change."

A rock in raging sea! I like this expression. As a matter of fact I think there is an equivalent expression in classic Chinese as

中流砥柱

[Chung(1) Liu(2) Dee(3) Chu(4)]

At any rate on this nice day of slow freaque wave news, I took the appropriate liberty of entering this non-freaque wave item for my blog today.

No comments: