1. A Less Safe Homeland?I must say that these are more optimistic than I generally surmised. Other than 1, 2, and 7 which are dreadful but expected mainly because 67 million Americans made themselves the majority of the country on November 4, 2008. I hope IBD can be wrong. The rest, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9 are all good news for the U.S. in the long run in my mind. I hope they are all correctly on target again!
2. Stimulus Pushes Deficit To $1 Tril
3. China Falls Into Recession
4. Recovery In The U.S.?
5. Energy Fever, Climate Change Cool Off
6. Big Labor Fights For Relevance
7. Obama Seeks Health Care Reform
8. India Gets Assertive
9. Israel Gets Rid Of Iran's Nuclear Threat
Thursday, January 01, 2009
IBD 2009 Prophecy
IBD Editorials made 8 predictions at the beginning of 2008, 6 of them turned out to be on target. That's a stunning 75% accuracy! Now here are their 9 prophecies for 2009: